Are you going through the bankruptcy process and need answers? Check out these 3 bankruptcy questions, then call our Buffalo office today.
- You need to take your household size and income into consideration
- Your income has to be below the average income in New York State for a family of that particular size
- You automatically qualify if your income is below that average
- If you are above the average income, your attorney will take other expenses into consideration
- Your attorney will sit down at determine what assets will be covered
How do I prepare for bankruptcy?
- Your attorney will ask for your tax returns over the past 2 years, pay stubs over the past 2 or 3 weeks, and a credit report
- You will need a title to your car, your driver’s license, and social security card
What is Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is designed for those who fall behind on mortgage and car payments
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to take the payments that you owe, and pay it over a period of 3-5 years
If you have questions about bankruptcy or debt relief, we would be happy to help. Check out these 3 bankruptcy questions and please contact our office at (716) 833-8455 for a free initial consultation. Let our experience work for you.
Like us on Facebook