I am asked many questions as an experienced Buffalo Child Support Lawyer. Check out these 5 child support payment questions for more information and contact us for a case review.
What should I know about child support?
- It is regulated by the New York State Child Support Standards Act.
- The custodial parent will be entitled to pay 17% for one child, 25% for two children, 29% for three children, and going up from there.
- These numbers are a given aspect of what you are entitled to.
Can I modify my child support order if I lost my job?
- NYS child support cannot be modified in Family Court or Supreme Court.
- Action can be taken in court to work out arrangements.
What happens if my ex is not paying child support?
- No reason for you to have to wait on paying your bills.
- You should go to court and file an enforcement proceeding.
Should I still pay child support if my child refuses to see me?
- The simple answer is no.
- The father or mother may have caused this situation to occur themselves.
Can I file child support if my spouse lives in another state?
- You must file for NYS in Family Court.
- Both parties will be able to present their in the two different courts.